Why is chia seed so healthy?
Chia seed have a unique composition of nutrients like omega-3, fibers and protein protein.
This seed is amazing and packed with so much goodness. for example two teaspoons of chia contains more omega-3 than one salmon filet. It also contains 15 times more antioxidants than broccoli and six times more calcium than milk.
This is just a few reasons why we should eat chia seed:
– It boasts 20% protein
– It contains 3 times more iron than spinach
– It is high in antioxidants
– Chia is gluten free
– It is perfect food for healthy skin, nails and hair
– It has a positive impact on glucose levels, perfect for diabetics
– Chia contains twice the potassium content of banana
– It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues
– It contains 20% omega-3 ALA, making it a superfood for the heart and brain. Chia has 8 times more omega-3 than salmon!
How much Chia can we eat?
Recommended by nutritionists you can/should eat a tablespoon of chia a day. dont forget to drink a lot of water as chia contains a lot of water.
How do we eat chia?
– Mix with coconut milk and some pomegranate juice and eat as porridge
– Sprinkle it raw on almost everything
– Add to breakfast cereals, salads and soups
– Add it in your bread recipes
So add this amazing chia seed in your diet and you will be healthier than ever.
This is some great recipes with chia seed.